With many boat events canceled or postponed worldwide, we are excited to announce the return of the Miami Boat Show, the largest boat and yacht event in the world. Recently rebranded as Discover Boating Miami International Boat Show, the largest marine event in Greater Miami and Miami Beach is back on February 16-20, after its cancellation last year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
This year the major industry event returns to the Miami Beach Convention Center after five years: the on-land activities will take place in the Miami Beach Convention Center and Pride Park, whereas the in-water activities will take place at Sea Isle Marina, Herald Plaza, Museum Park Marina, and IGY Yacht Haven Grande at Island Gardens.
The 2022 edition will offer visitors a look at the newest boats, accessories, and technology, as well as a peek into the boating lifestyle.
At Boatim, we are well aware that boat events are better when well prepared. In this new article, you find out everything that the Miami Boat Show 2022 has to offer so that you do not miss a thing.
The Miami Boat Show 2022, which kicks off next Wednesday, February 16th, until Sunday, February 20th, will take place in several locations, namely:
- IGY Yacht Haven Grande at Island Gardens: Be awed by the largest and most luxurious superyachts showcased by SuperYacht Miami.
- Miami Beach Convention Center Powered by West Marine: Find powerboats up to 49 feet, boat brands, marine accessories, electronics, as well as retail pavilions.
- Museum Park Marina: Check out everything related to sailing: from the newest sailboats and catamaran to accessories.
- One Herald Plaza: Dive into the world of powerboating, motor yachting ranging from 50 feet to 125 feet in length, yacht tenders, engines, accessories, and visit retail pavilions.
- Pride Park: Emerge in the Progressive® Boat Show Experience to experience innovative boating lifestyles and listen to entertainment, cuisine, and educational seminars. You will also be able to visit a marine accessory pavilion.
- Sea Isle Marina: Go for a test drive on the Sea Isle Marina, where you will be able to try over 150 sea vessels while discovering new and used boats, as well as engine manufacturers.
How To Arrive
While there is plenty of transportation to the show, you might want to consider arriving either by bus or water taxi. Or, if you prefer, park near the venue, and take a shuttle bus to the entrance area.
The water taxi will be the best option for those wanting to see the boat show from the water and relax in the traffic-free waters of Miami. This inexpensive ride (with prices starting at $10.00 per day and $40.00 for a 5-Day Pass) allows you to cross the entire show quickly and is available every 15-minutes. We highly recommend you to pre-purchase your ticket. Besides, all tickets bought in advance include priority boarding.
Whether you buy a One-Day, Two-Day, or Prime Preview ticket, fun is 100% reassured. While all tickets grant access to the Miami Beach Convention Center, Pride Park, Sea Isle Marina, One Herald Plaza, and Museum Park Marina, only Prime Time Preview tickets give guests early access to the show. Children under the age of 6 may attend the event for free if accompanied by an adult.
These are the ticket prices for modalities available:
- General Admission One-Day Ticket (Children): $15
- General Admission One-Day Ticket (Adult): $40
- General Admission Two-Day Ticket (Adult): $70
- Prime Time Preview One-Day Ticket (valid Wednesday – Sunday): $60
To ease travel planning, the event organizer established a partnership with onPeak to secure discounted rates at a selection of Miami hotels you can stay at, offering you the best hotel prices with flexible change and cancellation policies.
Due to the high number of visitors expected to attend the event this year, we recommend you book your hotel as soon as possible. To learn more about the official hotels of the event and carry out your booking, visit the organizer's official website.
The Progressive Boat Show Experience
Included with general admission to the show, the Progressive Boat Show Experience will attract many boaters to Pride Park right outside of the Miami Beach Convention Center. In this area, attendees will be able to enjoy the following activations such as educational seminars, entertainment, and innovative cuisines, as well as activity zones for the whole family.
- Nautical Ventures AquaZone: An area specially designed to give water lovers and thrill-seekers a truly on-the-water experience offering different types of water sport and innovative marine products.
- Fred’s Shed – Interactive Learning Center: An interactive, educational, and informational resource center specially created to enhance boating knowledge amongst show-goers.
- Costa Conservation Village – An area specially dedicated to making visitors aware of the importance of protecting and maintaining the marine environment, featuring the Volvo Penta Sustainability stage.
- Charged! Electric Pavilion: A space that will exhibit state-of-the-art electric propulsion systems, battery-powered boats, and high-tech products across the globe.
- Wake Sports Experience: An area where you will meet professional wake sports athletes from the competition circuit and test your water sports abilities in wake surf simulators.
- Community Corner: A space where you can engage with community clubs and associations and learn more about the benefits of marine stewardship and community involvement.
New boat model debuts from renowned exhibitors
At this year’s event visitors will be able to have a peek into new boat model debuts as well as many exciting boat models (from yachts to sailing boats and catamarans) from popular manufacturers such as Azimut, Canelli Yachts, Cranchi Yachts, Dufour Yachts, Galeon, Hylas Yachts, Lagoon, Leopard Catamarans.
We will be covering all new models and their main features in a soon-to-come article. Stay tuned for more information.
The SuperYacht Miami
This year is also the return of the SuperYacht Miami, which will only be featuring a limited number of yachts for sale or charter showcased by brokers and crew.
Live Music Performances
From Thursday 17 to Saturday 19 (from 4 pm to 7 pm), visitors will be able to attend many live music performances of the following bands:
- Thursday, 2/17: Brothers of Others (a rock & roll trio based in Miami Beach, FL)
- Friday 2/18: Classic Rock Therapy (South Florida's favorite classic rock/party band)
- Saturday 2/19: Private Stock Band(fluent in all styles of music from the oldies to current hits)
Commitment To The Environment
This year's edition of the event will be the first sustainable one in their history. The organizer will carry out a wide range of initiatives that show their growing commitment to ethics and the environment.
Not only do attendees and exhibitors start to place value on sustainable products, but also non-sustainable practices of the industry have considerably impacted the welfare of the state of Florida throughout the years, namely the environment. Therefore, the Miami Boat Show decided to carry out many initiatives during the whole event to raise attendees' and exhibitors' awareness of the importance of sustainable boating by connecting them to dedicated networks and communities and informing them of the industry's biggest challenges in the years to come.
The Miami Boat Show is a 5-day event aimed to bring the boating and yachting community together. In all, the Miami Boat Show, the Miami Yacht Show, and the Superyacht Miami have attracted over 100,000 visitors to South Florida, generating approximately 1.34 billion dollars to the state. In its new edition over President’s Day weekend, visitors will be able to discover the latest boat models and many maritime innovations.
A first-time joint production by Informa Markets, the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), and the International Yacht Brokers Association (IYBA), the event with gather for the first time South Florida renowned Winter boat shows that, after joining forces last year, now integrate the Miami Boat Show along with the Miami Yacht Show and SuperYacht Miami, a union aimed to create a seamless experience for everyone involved in the event, from manufacturers, visitors, and the boating industry in general.
You will be able to find us at this year’s edition of the event: we will be covering live from Miami on February 16 and 17. Make sure to follow us on Instagram using the hashtag #BoatimMiami.
To us, it’s essential to keep you informed about everything that will be happening throughout the event so that you don’t miss any important updates. And, if you happen to be there as a visitor, use the hashtag #BoatimMiami to search for us and come say hi. We would love to meet you there!
For more information, visit miamiboatshow.com